Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOS 11.0.2 Ford Sync no longer connecting

I cleared the system and tried reconnecting. Nope

Reinstalled IOS. Nope

Haven’t tried going back to 10.03.

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 9:04 AM

To be clear, you are stating that YOUR software update broke the ability to play music from YOUR music app on any vehicle using Sync, and it is the official stance of Apple that FORD needs to fix the problem? A problem that affects what must be tens if not hundreds of thousands of people? (It affected all three people I know that have Sync and IOS11. All of us purchased the vehicles in the past two years, mine one year ago.)

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 9:04 AM in response to panchososa694

To be clear, you are stating that YOUR software update broke the ability to play music from YOUR music app on any vehicle using Sync, and it is the official stance of Apple that FORD needs to fix the problem? A problem that affects what must be tens if not hundreds of thousands of people? (It affected all three people I know that have Sync and IOS11. All of us purchased the vehicles in the past two years, mine one year ago.)

Nov 21, 2017 9:19 AM in response to bobito1

First of all you are not addressing Apple here so when you say “your” it sounds like you’re talking to the person that you are replying to. Second, yes it is Ford’s responsibility to update their software. Apple will help them if help them if asked but updates in the iOS most likely won’t fix the problem. Other manufacturers have admitted to a problem and are working on fixes. Maybe one day all these vehicle manufacturers will get on board in testing their systems while the new iOS is still in beta.

Nov 21, 2017 9:54 AM in response to anypats

I am on "discissions.apple.com" so given that this site is hosted by Apple I don't think "your" is misused in this case. And I'd think it is obvious that I'm not blaming a person for the issue.

Maybe one day Apple will get on board with testing their updates on commonly used system. Yes it's up to individual manufacturers to update their systems, but it is up to Apple to regression test their updates with commonly used systems.

Nov 21, 2017 9:59 AM in response to bobito1

Doesn’t change the fact that Apple doesn’t monitor or participate in these boards. It’s not up to Apple to test with any system regardless of how many users there are. It’s up to the manufacturers of those devices to keep their software compatible with Apple, Android, or whatever platforms they want to support.

Jan 28, 2018 3:16 PM in response to EJinSJ

I meant mess. "Hey, Siri" does not work in my Ford Fusion after the Apple update. When I said "Hey, Siri" the iPhone used to turn on my car's mic to get the command, but after iOS 11 it doesn't do that anymore. I have the last version of Ford Sync installed. I am updating to iOS 11.2.5 now, but the documented fixes are to Car Play, which is not supported by Ford Sync. I just spent an hour talking with a very nice Apple senior advisor but the message is the same -- if Apple breaks something in an interface, Ford or whoever is on the other side of the interface is responsible for fixing it on their side with an update.

Feb 10, 2018 7:22 AM in response to EJinSJ

If they don't fix this by the time I'm due to upgrade my phone, I'm moving to android. It's ridiculous that I bought a $50k vehicle and can't even play music through a USB cord. It all worked before 11.2.5, and now it doesn't. It may not technically be Apple's problem, but if they don't keep up with the auto infotainment systems when they write their updates, they're going to lose more customers. It's in their best interest not to break the tech chain in cars in the year 2018.

Feb 13, 2018 1:43 PM in response to jalanhall

I just called Ford and it is not that they need to update Sync -- they need to revert Sync. They told me that the latest update *removed* support for Siri "because Sync has voice-recognition feature." Reading between the lines here, the automakers want you talking to the car instead of your phone because they can capture your usage data and use it to market to you. Amazon is the leader at this because of their on-line store and FANG (Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Goggle), not to mention the car manufacturers are looking for a way capture these data for themselves.

This is a bad way to do it. I mentioned to my car buyer that when Telsa updates their firmware, they actually *add* features. Ford better buy a vowel and restore this feature if they want repeat business from me.

After IOS 11.0.2 Ford Sync no longer connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.