Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I reset my iPad the tool bar at the bottom disappears when I go from portrait to landscape is this a grinch or solvable

When I reset my iPad the tool bar at the bottom disappears when I go from portrait to landscape is this a grinch or solvable

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 11:57 PM

Hello, Have you tried just flicking up from the bottom with your thumb?

“Use the Dock any time. With a swipe up from the bottom of the screen, the Dock is available while you’re using any app. And you can customize it with more of your favorite apps. Favorite apps appear on the left side of the Dock, and suggested apps—like ones you opened recently and ones open on your iPhone or Mac—are on the right side. See Switch between apps.”

Excerpt From

iPad User Guide for iOS 11

Apple Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-11/id1263310093?mt=11

This material may be protected by copyright.

I hope this helps!

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2017 11:57 PM in response to Davidk22

Hello, Have you tried just flicking up from the bottom with your thumb?

“Use the Dock any time. With a swipe up from the bottom of the screen, the Dock is available while you’re using any app. And you can customize it with more of your favorite apps. Favorite apps appear on the left side of the Dock, and suggested apps—like ones you opened recently and ones open on your iPhone or Mac—are on the right side. See Switch between apps.”

Excerpt From

iPad User Guide for iOS 11

Apple Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-11/id1263310093?mt=11

This material may be protected by copyright.

I hope this helps!

Dec 9, 2017 6:02 AM in response to h2ohzrd

h2ohzrd wrote:

No, ever since the iOS 11.2 update I get this daily! Doesnt Apple beta test???

If they didn’t Beta test and this was some sort of glitch due to not testing, EVERYONE would have this problem. I do not have this issue, so there is something going on and I’m not sure what, but obviously things were tested and this didn’t show up during the testing or it would have been fixed. If you would like for Apple to see your problem, you can go to Apple’s feedback page and tell them the problem you are having. You can do that here, as Apple does not view or respond to the conversations on these pages.

Mar 23, 2018 3:45 PM in response to Davidk22

My better half bought a brand new 10.5” ipad pro, activated it with restore of older ipad backup via itunes

and two days later started exhibiting this behavior

power off restart fixed it for a while but recurred several times so far (daily)

our other ios devices (2 iphones and large ipad pro orig) do not have this issue (yet)

all are up to date

praying this is not a hardware issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.