Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 iPhone “other” storage keeps taking up more and more space!

I have an iPhone 6s 16 gb. I have noticed yesterday that no matter how many apps I did delete, the “other” was taking up ALL the remaining storage on my device. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2017 9:20 AM

just spent 1 hour with Genius. I have the same problem (same phone as well) did the restore thing but no change really.

But what is annoying is the System storage is showing 6.7G and the Genius said it should be 5G max!!

Also Genius said it was the 1st time in 4 years of working for apple that he had seen this 'other' problem!

The Manager then came over and his phone was showing the same. So something might get done!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2017 9:20 AM in response to AmPr0082

just spent 1 hour with Genius. I have the same problem (same phone as well) did the restore thing but no change really.

But what is annoying is the System storage is showing 6.7G and the Genius said it should be 5G max!!

Also Genius said it was the 1st time in 4 years of working for apple that he had seen this 'other' problem!

The Manager then came over and his phone was showing the same. So something might get done!

Dec 26, 2017 12:58 PM in response to NitrousB

I have the same question, I spent over 2 hours with apple support who kept insisting that it was my apps and cache that was taking up all the storage. But the device and recent updates are taking up 65% of my storage- I have deleted and offloaded everything that I can. I have also backed up and restored, but it hasn't changed anything. I have installed over 7 updates in 3 months- and now all my available storage is gone and I can't take photos and have to offload apps in order to re-upload apps. It's so frustrating

iOS 11 iPhone “other” storage keeps taking up more and more space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.