Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable Chroma 4:4:4 or HDR on Apple TV

I have a Samsung HDR capable 4k TV, My brand new Yamaha receiver is set on 4k mode 1 to enable full 4k settings, i tried resetting everything, all my HDMI cables are the Monster Platinum Blck edition that are HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Capable, i have my PS4 Pro hooked up and it reads fully that my TV and reciever are 4k 60hz, HDR and HDCP 2.2 capable, so I have no clue why the Apple TV wont read my TV is capable, if anyone could help out I would love it, TV and Reciever were just updated to the latest firmware last week.

Posted on Oct 17, 2017 2:57 PM

5 replies

Nov 1, 2017 4:23 AM in response to agentnr

This is what I read on another forum about the Belkin cable;

Had issues getting full 4k with HDR10 & Dolbyvision with my new Apple TV 4K. I Had to run cables directly to my oled display just to allow basic 4k even though all my cables were certified premium high speed. After installing two of these cables to pass thru my receiver I’m now getting full 4k with HDR10 and Dolbyvision in 4.4.4 chroma. These are to the best of my knowledge the first HDMI 2.1 cables available with 48 Gbps bandwidth

Cannot enable Chroma 4:4:4 or HDR on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.