Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 Plus Heating

Dear Apple,

I bought my Iphone 8 Plus mobile 3 days back , as per my review I found there is slight heating issue. After Updating the software to 11.0.3 I am facing this. Can you please check on the update for the heating.

Processer : A11 Bionic

Memory : 3 GB

Storage : 64 GB

Regards

Avinash Beereddy.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 19, 2017 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi

Apple advises that it can be normal for your iPhone to become warm when using it and also in other situations including when charging it, first setting it up, restoring from a backup and when apps re-index or re-analyse data after a software update.

The exterior acts as a cooling surface, transferring heat from inside the iPhone to cooler air outside.

Apple also notes that charging your iPhone when it is inside certain styles of case may generate excess heat, which can affect battery capacity. If you notice that your iPhone gets hot when you charge it, Apple advises that you should remove it from its case before charging.

Be sure to follow all of Apple's safety and handling guidelines, including those detailed here:

If you are concerned that your iPhone gets warmer than it should do, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your iPhone checked and, if recommended, serviced:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 10:52 AM in response to Avinashbeereddy

Hi

Apple advises that it can be normal for your iPhone to become warm when using it and also in other situations including when charging it, first setting it up, restoring from a backup and when apps re-index or re-analyse data after a software update.

The exterior acts as a cooling surface, transferring heat from inside the iPhone to cooler air outside.

Apple also notes that charging your iPhone when it is inside certain styles of case may generate excess heat, which can affect battery capacity. If you notice that your iPhone gets hot when you charge it, Apple advises that you should remove it from its case before charging.

Be sure to follow all of Apple's safety and handling guidelines, including those detailed here:

If you are concerned that your iPhone gets warmer than it should do, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your iPhone checked and, if recommended, serviced:

Iphone 8 Plus Heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.