Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Safari really messed up - help!

iPhone SE, 11.0.3

Should note that these problems started BEFORE I updated my iOS, and continued after.

Occasionally when selecting search results on google I would get redirected to a site called [loads-of-letters-and-numbers].cloudfront.net that would display a fake message saying my iphone was at risk. It was a mild annoyance more than anything else, I couldn't understand why it was happening as I wasn't looking at dodgy websites, I never click ads, I only have a handful of apps and all of them are from the app store and legit big name apps. I looked up how to get rid of it and suggestions included the following steps:

1. Enable restrictions and block that website (done)

2. Clear Safari browsing history (done)

3. Clear website data (done - message said some data wouldn't be removed, but the list was emptied?)

Since then I noticed that websites weren't loading correctly, Google looked odd, almost like a hybrid of the desktop version and mobile version, like it couldn't detect what device I was using, screenshots:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Many websites don't load properly at all, or have buttons that don't work, including Apple's website (most commonly menu buttons don't work or pages don't entirely load). Browsing online on my mobile has become very difficult. Anyone know what this problem is and how I fix it?

User uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 3:03 PM

Hi, turned out I'd accidentally turned off javascript and that was the problem with the websites loading, but that still doesn't solve my original problem which was being redirected to the fake page.

I've tried:

- Restarting iPhone

- Clearing browser history

- Deleting all website data (under Restrictions section)

- Resetting Network Settings

This has happened on WiFi AND on 4G/mobile data. On Safari and on apps like Reddit and Google.

Here's a screenshot of it:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 3:03 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi, turned out I'd accidentally turned off javascript and that was the problem with the websites loading, but that still doesn't solve my original problem which was being redirected to the fake page.

I've tried:

- Restarting iPhone

- Clearing browser history

- Deleting all website data (under Restrictions section)

- Resetting Network Settings

This has happened on WiFi AND on 4G/mobile data. On Safari and on apps like Reddit and Google.

Here's a screenshot of it:

User uploaded file

Oct 20, 2017 2:58 PM in response to jazmalinda

Greetings jazmalinda,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that you've noticed search results and websites aren't loading like they used to, or at all. It's important to make sure that you can view websites without any issues, so I'll be happy to provide some assistance.

It looks like you've tried some good troubleshooting so far. Have you tried to close the Safari app and restart your iPhone to see if that helps? If not, please follow the steps in these support articles:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

iPhone Safari really messed up - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.