Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone thinks I’m somewhere else

My phone thinks I’m in California and I’m not. My maps will show me the correct place that I am in but Google and other apps and websites will suggest places for me in California since it thinks I’m there. I think it has to do with my iCloud but I can’t figure out how to change it. Even just setting up now for Apple support, it said I was in California. It’s annoying me! Help!

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 6:00 PM

Are you using a VPN?

2 replies

Oct 22, 2017 2:51 PM in response to Stepholds

Good afternoon Stepholds,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If your current location is not appearing correctly on your iPhone, take a look at your Location Services setting.
About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later

​Turn Location Services on or off
You can turn Location Services on or off at Settings > Privacy > Location Services. You can turn Location Services on either during the Setup Assistant process or later through the Location Services setting. You can individually control which apps and system services have access to Location Services data. When Location Services are off, apps can't use your location in the foreground or background. This will limit the performance of various Apple and third-party apps.

User uploaded file

Settings > Privacy > Location Services.

User uploaded file

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services.

Take care.

My phone thinks I’m somewhere else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.