Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off camera shutter sound

My uncle send me his iPhone from Scotland but I can’t turn off the camera shutter sound. Please help as it really annoys me, especially on Snapchat. Thank you

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 4:02 PM

Depending on the country of original sale, the shutter sound may not be able to be turned off. I didn't think Scotland was one of those countries but perhaps it wasn't original sold there.

If you have an iPhone that comes from a country such as the U.S., you can disable the shutter sound by putting the phone on mute using the mute switch just above the volume buttons.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 4:02 PM in response to Sheenaroo

Depending on the country of original sale, the shutter sound may not be able to be turned off. I didn't think Scotland was one of those countries but perhaps it wasn't original sold there.

If you have an iPhone that comes from a country such as the U.S., you can disable the shutter sound by putting the phone on mute using the mute switch just above the volume buttons.

How to turn off camera shutter sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.