Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug on Safari when downloading files.

Hi Everyone!

I've encountered a problem with my Safari when I updated my early 2015 Macbook Pro-13 inch to MacOS High Sierra. Every time I download any file on the net, a wash out Safari icon shows up whenever I click the download file. Even if I minimize the window, the wash out safari logo still appears. Unless I quit safari and start it up again. It really bothers me seeing the logo in the middle of the screen. Is there any solution to this? I the I tried to restore my macbook twice, but the problem still persist.

The two image below are my screen shot. I hope anyone can help me to solve this problem.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 6:32 AM

I've been experiencing this same problem ever since updating to High Sierra. The only way to get rid of this is by killing Safari.

A user on Twitter suggested removing corrupt .plist files in /Library/Preferences and the concerned files have characters after extension i.e. .plist.lockfile

The problem is I can't seem to locate any .plist.lockfiles in that directory.

Using a MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Late 2016 model on High Sierra 10.13

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 6:32 AM in response to AldoVera24

I've been experiencing this same problem ever since updating to High Sierra. The only way to get rid of this is by killing Safari.

A user on Twitter suggested removing corrupt .plist files in /Library/Preferences and the concerned files have characters after extension i.e. .plist.lockfile

The problem is I can't seem to locate any .plist.lockfiles in that directory.

Using a MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Late 2016 model on High Sierra 10.13

Bug on Safari when downloading files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.