Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the alternative to DVD Studio Pro to create DVDs

I am a bit lost since Apple has decided to stop DVD Studio Pro.

What is the solution offered today to export projects from FCPX and create DVDs with menus, ...

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), -

Posted on Oct 21, 2017 9:06 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2017 12:39 AM in response to Alchroma

It is a shame that Apple has stopped developing DVD editing software. DVD and Blu-Ray are still commonly used...

I still have a Mac with El Capitan on which DVD Studio Pro and iDVD are still running.

Which one should I use ? My DVD will be duplicated either as DVD or Blu-Ray, shall contain sub-titles, and two languages for the soundtrack.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2017 8:57 AM in response to JRD_Annecy

I googled "DVD authoring Mac" and got a lot of results. Check that out.

I've used Toast over the years and it always had limited DVD authoring. Maybe it has more options now. It's always been a solid app for me.

FCP X has always been very flakey for me in regards to burning a DVD direct from the app, so I use Compressor to render out the mpeg2 video and dolby digital audio. You should be able to bring those directly into whatever authoring app you end up using without having to encode again.

Good luck

What is the alternative to DVD Studio Pro to create DVDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.