Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my watch doesnt let me view a picture sent to me in text message

How do I view a picture sent in a text message on my Apple Watch?

Posted on Oct 21, 2017 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 11:49 AM

Good afternoon Knirsten,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are not seeing photos in text messages on your Apple Watch. Are you able to see the photo in the Messages app on your iPhone? If your carrier settings for your iPhone include MMS messages and your paired iPhone is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, then you should be seeing photos on your Apple Watch.
Take a look at the resources below for more information:
Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch
How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby​

To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby.

About iMessage and SMS/MMS

To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information. You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device.

If Wi-Fi is unavailable, iMessages will be sent over cellular data. Cellular data rates might apply.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2017 11:49 AM in response to Knirsten

Good afternoon Knirsten,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are not seeing photos in text messages on your Apple Watch. Are you able to see the photo in the Messages app on your iPhone? If your carrier settings for your iPhone include MMS messages and your paired iPhone is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, then you should be seeing photos on your Apple Watch.
Take a look at the resources below for more information:
Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch
How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby​

To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby.

About iMessage and SMS/MMS

To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information. You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device.

If Wi-Fi is unavailable, iMessages will be sent over cellular data. Cellular data rates might apply.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

my watch doesnt let me view a picture sent to me in text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.