Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not playing sound through connected Bluetooth speakers

My iPhone 6S has always connected to Bluetooth speakers and played sound through them with no issue however today it is no longer working.

I am connected to the usual speaker (which itself has a green light to indicate device is indeed connected) as you can see in the screenshot of my settings and the control centre. However an app that plays sound is playing the sound through my internal iPhone speaker not the external Bluetooth speakers.

The screenshots show as an example that the Music app doesn’t show the connected Bluetooth speakers as an option as a sound output.

I’ve tried all the usual on/off for both the speaker and the phone but no joy.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Will.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 5:43 AM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2017 6:31 AM in response to wbolam

this is correct the music app show iPhone and airplay speakers, it view the iPhones speaker, the iPhones headset if connected and bluetooth speakers or headset as the iphone

airplay is a form of audio other wifi network to a receiver which support the std like appletv's and airport express airplay is not related to bluetooth in anyway

you can read more here Get help with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2017 6:37 AM in response to Rudegar

Sorry I’m not sure I understand your response.

My issue is that I am connected to a Bluetooth speaker but any app that plays sound is not playing sound through the bluetooth speaker.

Usually in the list for sound outputs, when connected to my speaker, would show ‘iPhone’ and then ‘(21) Logitech Adapter’ however that is not showing despite the fact it is connected via bluetooth.

iPhone not playing sound through connected Bluetooth speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.