Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't share photos to Facebook

As of a few days ago, I can no longer share pictures from the Photos app directly to my Facebook timeline. Error message: "The post cannot be sent because the connection to Facebook failed." It was working last Tuesday but not since Friday. I can, of course, drag the picture to the Desktop and upload to Facebook with Safari, but I'd gotten used to the direct approach.

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 1:36 PM

I have the same problem. Two days ago it worked fine in the morning and when I tried to use it that evening it stopped working. Same error message. I've deleted my FB account from he system preferences - internet accounts and re added it numerous times. I updated to High Sierra. Still no luck. I have the same problem with other apps such as Luminar which also have the "share to Facebook" feature. Interestingly, in Luminar, the sample photo will share to Facebook no problem but my own photos will not. I was on the phone with Apple for more than an hour yesterday. They feel it's a Facebook thing that needs to be worked out on their end. They said they were able to replicate the problem on a lab computer and suggested in the meantime I should just drag photos to a folder and then upload through Safari. I'm not convinced a Facebook error is the reason because I've gotten pop ups asking for my FB password several times, even though I've put it in and it seemed to accept it as valid when I set it up in the preferences. When it randomly asks for the password (as a pop) and I try to put it in, it won't accept it. It's driving me crazy. I hope FB fixes this soon!

One other thing to note, I can post to Facebook through the notifications center. You can't add pictures there but you can post a comment and that works fine. That also works because the account was added through the system preferences > internet accounts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2017 1:36 PM in response to Mark Block

I have the same problem. Two days ago it worked fine in the morning and when I tried to use it that evening it stopped working. Same error message. I've deleted my FB account from he system preferences - internet accounts and re added it numerous times. I updated to High Sierra. Still no luck. I have the same problem with other apps such as Luminar which also have the "share to Facebook" feature. Interestingly, in Luminar, the sample photo will share to Facebook no problem but my own photos will not. I was on the phone with Apple for more than an hour yesterday. They feel it's a Facebook thing that needs to be worked out on their end. They said they were able to replicate the problem on a lab computer and suggested in the meantime I should just drag photos to a folder and then upload through Safari. I'm not convinced a Facebook error is the reason because I've gotten pop ups asking for my FB password several times, even though I've put it in and it seemed to accept it as valid when I set it up in the preferences. When it randomly asks for the password (as a pop) and I try to put it in, it won't accept it. It's driving me crazy. I hope FB fixes this soon!

One other thing to note, I can post to Facebook through the notifications center. You can't add pictures there but you can post a comment and that works fine. That also works because the account was added through the system preferences > internet accounts.

Oct 22, 2017 1:45 PM in response to Michelle Lyons

Thanks, Michelle. Good to know that Apple can duplicate the problem. I note that a Safari Extension I use called Social Fixer, which adds controls to Facebook, had problems last week that its developer said were due to changes in the underlying code of Facebook's site. Social Fixer pushed out an update to get it working again. I feel that either Facebook or Apple could fix this, but Apple is probably less likely to rush out an OS update for a problem Facebook created. On the other hand, Apple is suppose to be the "it just works" computer company.

Oct 22, 2017 1:57 PM in response to Mark Block

I guess it's a wait and see situation. I'm just a bit concerned that the sample photo would upload from that 3rd party app but not my own photos. Seems like nothing should be shared if it was a FB thing. I could be wrong. I did also notice when I checked connected devices on my FB account, there are "unknown devices" which seem to be the apps I'm trying to share from. I don't know if that has something to do with it. Maybe Facebook isn't recognizing Photos, Luminar etc... and won't let it share as a result.

Can't share photos to Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.