Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch will not complete the pairing setup after Watch app has confirmed the watch is on the latest software.

How can I move on past the software check when re-pairing my Apple Watch? Phone and watch are both on the most recent software update. Watch still does not complete the pairing process.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 2:22 AM

Hi

If you cannot progress beyond the software version checking stage for your Apple Watch (even though it states that your watch is up to date), then your iPhone may not be running the latest version of iOS (and nor may your Apple Watch be running the latest version of watchOS, despite the message):

First update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (start by making a backup):

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then pair your Apple Watch by following the remaining steps here, if necessary including contacting Apple Support via the link in the support article:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 2:22 AM in response to Nneer

Hi

If you cannot progress beyond the software version checking stage for your Apple Watch (even though it states that your watch is up to date), then your iPhone may not be running the latest version of iOS (and nor may your Apple Watch be running the latest version of watchOS, despite the message):

First update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (start by making a backup):

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then pair your Apple Watch by following the remaining steps here, if necessary including contacting Apple Support via the link in the support article:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

My Apple Watch will not complete the pairing setup after Watch app has confirmed the watch is on the latest software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.