Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to fix my macbook keyboard keys...

I've been using this Macbook Air ever since I've graduated from high school and got it as a graduation gift from my dad. Ever since then it been working fine up until now somehow two of my keys on the keyboard have stop working (the two keys are the A & S) and I tried everything to fix it by reading other posts here on the website & others that have the same problem as me but when I tried do what the person recommended how to fix it, it didn't work for me and try again & again it still didn't work. I honestly don't know what to do now and getting really frustrated because I need it for typing for term papers and other things for college, emails & etc.

Should I go to the apple store and ask for help?

P.S it was so annoying to type this because the A & S keys doesn't work and I have to use the keyboard viewer as my "replacement" for the A & S keys...

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 22, 2017 2:44 PM

1 reply

Oct 23, 2017 2:22 PM in response to Lycheexo

Hi, Lycheexo!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that the A and S keys of your MacBook Air are not working. In order too input them, you need to use the Keyboard viewer on screen. I'd be happy to help!

From what you've described, I would suggest using single user mode to help determine if a software issue is at play: Start up your Mac in single-user mode or verbose mode - Apple Support .

The single user recommendation is provided under the "Your keyboard has one or more keys that don't respond" of If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected - Apple Support , which you can read over for more information.

Cheers!

I need help to fix my macbook keyboard keys...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.