Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two factor authentication on older Macs 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Hi. I am not able, to login to iCloud-services or accounts via Two factor authentication on older Macs on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

The OS tells me to login and enter the code but there is no form to enter a code.

I have two other, much younger Macs on 10.12.6 and also iOS devices but I don't know how to get services like calendar running on the older ones (which are still running and working machines).

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 7:06 AM

Hello!

You may have to update your Mac to a newer firmware, however, I can understand if you don’t wish to do that.

On older devices, if you type in the Two-Factor Authenticaction Password/Code AFTER the Apple ID passcode, that how you use Two Factor Authentication on older devices.

e.g. Let‘s say your Apple ID Password is “Apple” and let’s say your Two-Factor Authentication Code is “199456”, then when you type in your password onto your older Mac, and it asks for two-factor authentication, you will type “Apple199456” as your password.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, let me know!

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 7:06 AM in response to Ashcraaft

Hello!

You may have to update your Mac to a newer firmware, however, I can understand if you don’t wish to do that.

On older devices, if you type in the Two-Factor Authenticaction Password/Code AFTER the Apple ID passcode, that how you use Two Factor Authentication on older devices.

e.g. Let‘s say your Apple ID Password is “Apple” and let’s say your Two-Factor Authentication Code is “199456”, then when you type in your password onto your older Mac, and it asks for two-factor authentication, you will type “Apple199456” as your password.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, let me know!

Have a great day!

Oct 23, 2017 7:06 AM in response to CompuMop

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm now.

I misinterpreted the system-request, as I thought I have to send the password and after that the passcode in an additional field.

This maybe related to the fact that German is my mother-language but I am pretty sure it could have been described a better way (your way above) using a simple example.

Two factor authentication on older Macs 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.