Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all events disappeared from calendar after High Sierra upgrade

Hi all 🙂

Hope someone can help me with this 'cause it's causing me serious problems. I have upgraded (iMac) from Yosemite to High Sierra (I needed to for technical reasons) and all my calendar events have disappeared. Before you ask, my calendar data were not synced with other devices, nor stored on icloud or time machine as they contained sensible data: I am a doctor and use calendar as an organizer for my profession (e.g. patients' appointments, clinical notes and so on). I cannot in my life imagine that Apple has conceived a system in which your data are deleted without even asking (!!!), so I'm hoping that they have been stored somewhere and can be retrieved...please, help!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 5:07 AM

Found the (a) solution myself, after trying to import the .ics files one by one to no avail (they were all holydays and birthdays). Anyway: you should locate the "Calendars" folder that can be found here: Macintosh HD > Users > "your-username" > Library; bear in mind that it is invisible by default, and to be able to visualize it you should have your User folder opened/selected and go to the Finder menu > View > View Options > tick the last box at the bottom of the list beside "Show Library folder". Then, I copied the "Calendars" folder on the desktop (don't know if this is necessary, but since I was just trying things I didn't wanna corrupt the original files or mess with their original location): inside the copied folder you should search for a file named "Calendars and Reminders <date and time>.icbu". Once you found it, you can launch Calendar: in the top menu you select File > Import > and, in the browsing window, the .icbu file inside the Calendars folder that you copied on the desktop. A little progression window with the blue bar will appear to show the progress and, once it's finished, all your events will be back in their right place. Hope this will help someone 😉

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 5:07 AM in response to DevinOmbra

Found the (a) solution myself, after trying to import the .ics files one by one to no avail (they were all holydays and birthdays). Anyway: you should locate the "Calendars" folder that can be found here: Macintosh HD > Users > "your-username" > Library; bear in mind that it is invisible by default, and to be able to visualize it you should have your User folder opened/selected and go to the Finder menu > View > View Options > tick the last box at the bottom of the list beside "Show Library folder". Then, I copied the "Calendars" folder on the desktop (don't know if this is necessary, but since I was just trying things I didn't wanna corrupt the original files or mess with their original location): inside the copied folder you should search for a file named "Calendars and Reminders <date and time>.icbu". Once you found it, you can launch Calendar: in the top menu you select File > Import > and, in the browsing window, the .icbu file inside the Calendars folder that you copied on the desktop. A little progression window with the blue bar will appear to show the progress and, once it's finished, all your events will be back in their right place. Hope this will help someone 😉

all events disappeared from calendar after High Sierra upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.