Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have 2 apple id's on my iphone?

iPhone 5, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 8:49 AM

You can use a different ID for iCloud and iTunes. See the following from Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Use different Apple IDs for iCloud and iTunes

We recommend that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services on your device—including the iTunes & App Stores and iCloud. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

But if you already have different Apple IDs that you want to use with iCloud and the iTunes & App Stores, follow these steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings and tap Sign in to your [device]. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings, scroll down, and tap iTunes & App Stores. Tap Apple ID: [your name] > Sign Out. Then sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.
  • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go to iTunes > Account > Sign In. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

If you use multiple Apple IDs and want to restore your device from a backup, you can learn more about iCloud or iTunes backups.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Wrag

You can use a different ID for iCloud and iTunes. See the following from Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Use different Apple IDs for iCloud and iTunes

We recommend that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services on your device—including the iTunes & App Stores and iCloud. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

But if you already have different Apple IDs that you want to use with iCloud and the iTunes & App Stores, follow these steps.

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings and tap Sign in to your [device]. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings, scroll down, and tap iTunes & App Stores. Tap Apple ID: [your name] > Sign Out. Then sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.
  • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go to iTunes > Account > Sign In. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

If you use multiple Apple IDs and want to restore your device from a backup, you can learn more about iCloud or iTunes backups.

Oct 23, 2017 10:51 AM in response to Wrag

See my reply above. It includes instructions on how to sign into iTunes with a different ID. Part of that reply is restated below:

Oct 23, 2017 9:08 AM in response to Wrag

You can have two Apple Id's assigned to two different services (i.e. one for iCloud and one for iTunes and App Store) you can also have previous purchases authorized to old Apple ID's which may receive random popups to sign into an old Apple ID or a friend's Apple ID. Depending on your issue will determine your next steps. You can either sing out of one and into the other. If you sign out of the iTunes and App Store you could lose some purchases you've made. If you sign out of iCloud you'd lost your iCloud info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.