Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is "scam likely" displayed?

Since the latest update, my iPhone displays "scam likely" on many calls. And in the "recent calls" area it does not display the number, only "scam likely." Does it do this on any call from someone not in my contacts? In any case, it's annoying and unnecessary. Please show me the calling number and I'll decide whether to answer or not.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 9:12 AM

You can see the calling number by tapping on the i next to the listing in Recents. This is a carrier feature, not something that iOS does. Normally you must install a carrier-provided app; for AT&T the app is called "call Protect," and it matches incoming calls against a list of known spam and scam numbers. Did you install such an app?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 9:12 AM in response to RackMack

You can see the calling number by tapping on the i next to the listing in Recents. This is a carrier feature, not something that iOS does. Normally you must install a carrier-provided app; for AT&T the app is called "call Protect," and it matches incoming calls against a list of known spam and scam numbers. Did you install such an app?

Oct 23, 2017 9:16 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

T-Mobile doesn't require you to install an app. It's simply a "feature" they provide. I get Scam Likely about 1 or 2 times a month and never answer them. Occasionally they leave a voice mail and can confirm it was a scam or at least trying to get me to buy something. I have had scam likely come across when it was a legitimate call though so doesn't seem to be perfect. The last Scam Likely call I received had the number listed as +1 000000000.

Why is "scam likely" displayed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.