Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete downloaded ios updates

Hi, has anyone noticed that the ability to delete ios updates off of your iphone is gone? I will attach a screen shot of where I am having the problem. But before ios 11, I was able to go to settings-general-iphone storage and delete any ios updates that had been downloaded to my phone while it was plugged in and connected to wifi. I don't want to be constantly nagged by the pop-ups to install the latest version of ios. How do I fix?User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:45 PM

I have the same problem. The "Delete Update" option is presented, and a "Delete Update" dialog is dispalyed, but no deletion actually takes place.

I am not ready to update, and I don't want to waste storage on a downloaded update I don't need.

6 replies

Nov 3, 2017 11:47 PM in response to JainaSJedi

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. I deleted my beta profile and it still auto-downloaded beta version 11.2. I do not want to install this file especially before getting the oiPhone X. Just want to avoid any issues. Does anyone know how to delete this downloaded iOS update? It keeps prompting me to install it. Thanks for whoever may be able to help.

Can't delete downloaded ios updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.