Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t Cellular stay connected

My cellular on my watch series 3 only stays connected for a couple hours then goes off. If I’m not close to my phone I don’t receive or can’t send messages.

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 12:10 AM

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will only attempt to connect to the cellular network if it cannot connect either to the paired iPhone via Bluetooth or, as a first fallback, to a compatible Wi-FI network:

It may help to follow the steps here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages":

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not yet done so and if the feature is supported on your carrier plan, you may also wish to enable Wi-Fi Calling on your devices:

Otherwise, if your Apple Watch is not connecting or remaining connected to cellular as expected, then in the first instance I suggest that you contact your carrier for assistance.

If the issue persists and depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2017 12:10 AM in response to Steph0426

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will only attempt to connect to the cellular network if it cannot connect either to the paired iPhone via Bluetooth or, as a first fallback, to a compatible Wi-FI network:

It may help to follow the steps here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages":

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not yet done so and if the feature is supported on your carrier plan, you may also wish to enable Wi-Fi Calling on your devices:

Otherwise, if your Apple Watch is not connecting or remaining connected to cellular as expected, then in the first instance I suggest that you contact your carrier for assistance.

If the issue persists and depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Why won’t Cellular stay connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.