Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my alarm not snoozing/ working on IOS 11

I have been waking up late, and I’ve been wondering why!!! And then I did a test on my iphone and iPad running on two different versions of iOS 11 iPhone 6S plus (11.0.3) iPad Air (11.0). I set multiple alarms, which worked fine on iOS 10. However when one alarm rings for the duration, the alarm screen freezes with “snooze or stop” options and it won’t disappear till I wake up LATE in order for me to physically press snooze or stop. I could set an alarm for 8 am and if I don’t wake up to physically snooze the alarm while its ringing, then it will just stay on the alarm screen till whatever time I decide to wake up and click either snooze, or stop. THIS INSANELY STUPID, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BRINGING OUT AN UPDATE THAT HAS ALL THESE ISSUES. IOS 10 would automatically snooze if I didn’t touch the screen or press a button, and it would keep snoozing and ringing till I eventually woke up. I don’t think anyone would’ve really cared if you released the iPhone 8 a lil late just for the sake of a better operating system. Like please what is point of this FREAKING $800 phone if it can’t even do simple alarms anymore!!!!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2017 12:15 PM

Similar situation here. Recently, when I hit snooze, the alarm hasn't been going off again. It happened this morning, and when I finally woke up (an hour late) and looked at my phone, the snooze countdown timer started counting down from 9 minutes as if I had just hit snooze. It was nice to sleep an extra hour but not so nice to be an hour late for work.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2017 12:15 PM in response to Kingemans

Similar situation here. Recently, when I hit snooze, the alarm hasn't been going off again. It happened this morning, and when I finally woke up (an hour late) and looked at my phone, the snooze countdown timer started counting down from 9 minutes as if I had just hit snooze. It was nice to sleep an extra hour but not so nice to be an hour late for work.

Jan 8, 2018 7:58 AM in response to Kingemans

I have been having this issue as well. Just this morning my alarm went off just fine the first time. I clicked snooze and then IT NEVER WENT OFF AGAIN. I woke up an hour and a half later and saw your above screen on my phone but it was not playing anything, it was just silent. I clicked Stop and it went away...why is it not playing the sound after I click Snooze the first time??

Jan 3, 2018 4:08 AM in response to ggeku

Yes, I had this issue, too. It’s infuriating! Also, several times my alarm has not made a sound until I click the home button. Then it goes off as though it was the correct time, when in fact it should’ve gone off a long time before. For example, this morning it was set for 5:45am, but the alarm didn’t sound until I clicked the home button to check the time at 5:48am. This has caused me to oversleep more than once now! How do I prevent this?

Jan 8, 2018 3:55 PM in response to skiergirl92

Hey there! I posted my concern as a question, and Apple Support replied here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8223148?answerId=32813685022#32813685022&ac_cid=op123456#32813685

I haven’t gotten around to trying out their troubleshooting tips yet, partly because I’m hesitant to update my iOS given the recent news about it slowing down your phone. Please let me know if you try it & it works for you.

Mar 12, 2018 11:08 PM in response to CanIjustaskaquestion

Reality is, it is a stop timer with IRQ to trigger an alarm. They have set the IRQ for absolute 0 instead of =< 0 (you know, a very basic failsafe in coding math).

Its not the only place they have "dumb" logic.

Example, I have 1000 unread emails in one inbox, yet my overall unread count is 1002...

Whoever is checking the logic behind these functions needs to be thumped...

I haven't installed any new apps on my phone for a very long time, nor am I doing anything different with my phone that hasn't already been performed so I can safely rule out any app interaction or hanging issues. All the tips provided by the Apple community member is essentially just restarting your phone and hoping for the best rather than finding the bug and squashing it.

I'd also like to point out (and read into this what you will) that I have not been able to sustain an iPhone for longer than 3 years past manufacture date (note NOT PURCHASE DATE) without these "bugs" popping up. If I had time I'd reverse engineer the kernel...

Why is my alarm not snoozing/ working on IOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.