Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 Beeps and... Disconnected

Hello community,

Here is what I would like some insight on: I have a contact who I once was able to frequently call. They have an iPhone as well. The "three-beeps-and-disconnect" started initially as something that happened at a certain time in the day. This made me think their DND was on, but it wasn't, according to the receiver. Then it became an all-of-the-time ordeal, where they receive my text and Facetime Video/Audio. This is the only way we can communicate. Has anyone experienced this issue before and is there a solution. (Sidenote: This is my only contact that I am aware of, with this issue. We are still friends, we still frequently communicate, and they have shown me screenshots that I am not blocked and their phone not being on "Do Not Disturb.")

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 9:21 PM

The three beeps and disconnect means that the call was not able to go through. The only time I experience this is when I try to call a local number on my device with AT&T as the carrier. In Maine, any number in the State should be able to be called without the area code. On my Verizon phone, it works fine. But on my AT&T phone, I have to put in the area code. If I don't, I get the three beeps and disconnect....

So, for whatever reason, the call is not even getting to the number you are calling. Make sure the number is entered correctly on the Contact card. That's the only thing I can think of.

Best of luck,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2017 9:21 PM in response to MzMorgann

The three beeps and disconnect means that the call was not able to go through. The only time I experience this is when I try to call a local number on my device with AT&T as the carrier. In Maine, any number in the State should be able to be called without the area code. On my Verizon phone, it works fine. But on my AT&T phone, I have to put in the area code. If I don't, I get the three beeps and disconnect....

So, for whatever reason, the call is not even getting to the number you are calling. Make sure the number is entered correctly on the Contact card. That's the only thing I can think of.

Best of luck,

GB

3 Beeps and... Disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.