Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Extension Blocked

MacBook Pro (Retina, Early 2013) Running mc OS X High Sierra 10.13*****

I keep having popup message about System Extension Blocked, five popups at once every time after I dismissed them.

Message as below:

"System Extension Blocked

A program tried to load new system extension(s) signed by "LogMeIn Inc.". If you want to enable these extensions, open Security & Privacy System Preferences."

While I cannot see the button for enabling that extensions in the System & Preference. I don’t even know which program is trying to load such extensions as I don’t think I have any programs developed by LogMeIn installed, at least currently not. I guess the cause is that there may be one installed before but I didn’t uninstall it completely.

It keeps popping up from the moment I started my Mac, it will stop at 5 popups if I didn’t dismiss them.

Hope there can be a solution soon since they are really disturbing.

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

<Edited by Host >

Posted on Oct 25, 2017 9:28 AM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2017 10:12 AM in response to Y.S.Chan

i had same problem. i have disabled "Kernel Extension User Consent" -- the new security feature in macOS 10.13 blocking the kexts. Here are my steps.

1. Restart Mac. Hold Command+R at the startup chime until you see the Apple logo. This will boot into the Recovery OS
  2. Top Menu, Select Utilities -> Terminal
  3. In Terminal, check the status Kernel Extension User Consent via “spctl kext-consent status”. The output should say "ENABLED".
  4. To Disable, type “spctl kext-consent disable”
  5. Close Terminal. Restart.

System Extension Blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.