Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro 10.5 Battery wear 7% after 2 months!

I bought an ipad pro 10.5 64gb WiFi about two months ago, and i can see battery wear persentage increasing really fast. I have been checking it with applications like "battery life" in ios and "CoconutBattery" in MacOS with very similar results. Battery capacity is steadily reducing about 2% every 10 charges cycles!

As of today my battery capacity is at 93% (7500mAh) with 7% wear after only 30 charge cycles, over nominal 8134mAh!!! I have already read some reports from users with the same issue. Think is, that devices like ipad pro 10.5 are designed to have at least 80% battery capacity left after approximately 500, 600 cycles (two years), not 100! It is simply absurd that "pro" devices like the IpadPro 10.5 have such low quality battery component. I can smell some fishy Apple move here with overall frustrating experience because of that. I guess the solution is to wait for the capacity to reach 80% after a few months, take the device to official Apple Service (as in my country we haven't any Apple stores), make them measure the capacity and ask for an exchange with another (refurbished) device.

Posted on Oct 25, 2017 1:55 PM

18 replies

Oct 26, 2017 11:12 PM in response to i2be

That's what i am trying to understand. See! Something is wrong here with battery design. According to Apple ipad battery should retain 80% of it's charge after approximately 1000 cycles, but what some users are seeing is about 2% capacity degrade per 10 cycles , which if extrapolated tells us that after roughly 200 cycles battery capacity will be about 80% which is considered BAD by apple itself! For comparison my iphone 7plus has 97%-98% battery capacity left after 170 cycles. My personal opinion is ,that maybe the 12W charger which comes with it somehow shortens battery capacity by fast charging it.

Oct 27, 2017 1:07 PM in response to pouriar

pouriar wrote:

all people that have ipad pro 10.5 are defective battery? i don’t think so, this issue is similar with all of who had ipad pro 10.5

I did not say that all iPad Pro 10.5 are defective battery. Three people have posted here. I said I have a feeling the reporting app that you are using is not accurate. You have the ability to have your battery checked by Apple. Take advantage of that. I believe this infatuation with constantly checking battery status is useless. Just charge your battery, use your device and recharge when it needs it. If the battery fails to charge, does not hold a decent charge, then contact Apple for service.

Ipad Pro 10.5 Battery wear 7% after 2 months!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.