Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t set up Voicemail on iPhone

So I cannot set up my voicemail and I’ve done lots of researching and trying everything out already. When another phone calls me there is NO voicemail box for them to leave a message. But when I go to try and set it up, there is no voicemail tab under my phone settings, only the option to change the password is there which I have tried that and it just stays on the (saving password) stage and nothing happens, in the actual phone/contact app it only gives me the option to call it, then when I try that it fails to work every time due to my number not having a mailbox set up. Long story short I have no available options to even begin setting up my voicemail and I clearly do not have a voicemail already set up either. I’m running on the iPhone 6s, my software and carrier settings are fully updated as well (yes I even tried resetting my network settings and still nothing)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 4:33 PM

You don't setup voicemail yourself on the phone. Voicemail is a carrier feature, and they are the ones that set it up. The carrier decides if they support visual voicemail, or standard voicemail, and your account has to be provisioned by the carrier for it. They will set it up for you and will give you a default password that you can change.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2017 4:33 PM in response to Pbas43

You don't setup voicemail yourself on the phone. Voicemail is a carrier feature, and they are the ones that set it up. The carrier decides if they support visual voicemail, or standard voicemail, and your account has to be provisioned by the carrier for it. They will set it up for you and will give you a default password that you can change.

Can’t set up Voicemail on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.