Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 is running very slow.

My iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5,is running very slow.

Any advice how to improve the performance?

Thank you for your kind attention in this matter.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 6:02 PM

Please read:

iPad 2 is an outdated iPad and isn't supported by apple no more so your going to get slow performance. It came with a 32 BIT A5 CPU and half a GB of RAM which is outdated! its not compatible with IOS 11 which is the latest operating system and makes the iPad even better to use Fortunately if its really affecting you I would recommend upgrading to a much more modern iPad? if your willing to splurge some money I would go for it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2017 6:02 PM in response to janefromny

Please read:

iPad 2 is an outdated iPad and isn't supported by apple no more so your going to get slow performance. It came with a 32 BIT A5 CPU and half a GB of RAM which is outdated! its not compatible with IOS 11 which is the latest operating system and makes the iPad even better to use Fortunately if its really affecting you I would recommend upgrading to a much more modern iPad? if your willing to splurge some money I would go for it.

Oct 26, 2017 7:55 PM in response to janefromny

Here's some much better help for your iPad 2.

My iPad 2 64 GBs model (17 GBs of free data storage space left) runs fine on iOS 9.3.5.

The only issue I have is a slow, over 2 minute, boot-up/restart, but once up and running, my iPad isvrunning finr!

Take a look a my iPad performance tips are take advantage of as many as possible.

Slow iPad on iOS 9, 10 or 11!

Good Luck to You!

iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 is running very slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.