Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad cannot be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.

My iPad cannot be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.It has been unavailable since Monday and I can't do it through iTunes either, someone please help me 😟User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 27, 2017 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2017 5:17 PM

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you're having some trouble activating your iPad, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. You may have completed some of them already, but there is additional information that may help.

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2017 5:17 PM in response to Community User

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you're having some trouble activating your iPad, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. You may have completed some of them already, but there is additional information that may help.

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Dec 20, 2017 10:06 PM in response to Community User

I got initial info from the link below from another post. I downloaded iCloud for Windows and opened it with my Apple ID. I then ran FIND My IPhone with my iPad on and connected to my PC. It brought up an Activation login on the iPad. I entered my ID and Password. It asked for my password a second time and my iPad came back to life!

(I originally tried Find My iPhone from my phone and i was still logged in, but I don't think that affected the outcome at all.)

Good luck. Let me know if it works.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Oct 30, 2017 8:22 AM in response to Community User

Hello Allen A,

If the issue persists, your best bet would be to reach out to Apple's support team directly using the link at the bottom of the article.

Get more help

1. To check for network or activation issues and see if you need to replace your SIM card, contact your carrier.
  2. Use recovery mode to restore your iPhone.

If restoring your iPhone still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Best regards.

My iPad cannot be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.