Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Disk app will not open

Anyone having trouble opening My Disk private app?

icon is Yellow umbrella. Developer is Mo Wellin.

i Get a message that the app needs updating, but it will not update. Says Contact developer. No contact info for Mo Wellin. Also says app is no longer in App Store.

How can I retrieve my private info?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 27, 2017 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:38 AM

I found a solution

I was caught out by this annoying iOS 11 and all my files was stuck inside “mydisk” app. After scrambling around with many useless advice. I finally came up with my own solution and got all my files back.

step 1: plug your device onto your PC and back up everything to itune.

Step 2: Download “iskysoft toolbox for iOS“ it is IOS Data recovery windows software and install in your PC. Cost about 70 USD (don’t pay for the whole suit of features only pay for the “data recovery“ feature. Save some money here)

Step 3: Launch the “ iskysoft“ toolbox for iOS software and connect your device to your PC, Click data recovery option And select the option “Recover from iTunes backup file”, this will scan the back up file itune created in step 1 above. Very quickply and quicker than scanning the whole device.

Step 4: when scanning is complete you need to export “App Data” file called ”mydiskIpad/Iphone” to your local PC hard drive, the button to do that is located at the bottom of the scan results window. Once exported open the folder on your pc and start renaming the files extensions ( .mov, .jpg etc) look out for large file sizes for movies and photos.

at this point you have Your files back and u can put them back into your device through file sharing or other means.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 6:38 AM in response to PamMax101

I found a solution

I was caught out by this annoying iOS 11 and all my files was stuck inside “mydisk” app. After scrambling around with many useless advice. I finally came up with my own solution and got all my files back.

step 1: plug your device onto your PC and back up everything to itune.

Step 2: Download “iskysoft toolbox for iOS“ it is IOS Data recovery windows software and install in your PC. Cost about 70 USD (don’t pay for the whole suit of features only pay for the “data recovery“ feature. Save some money here)

Step 3: Launch the “ iskysoft“ toolbox for iOS software and connect your device to your PC, Click data recovery option And select the option “Recover from iTunes backup file”, this will scan the back up file itune created in step 1 above. Very quickply and quicker than scanning the whole device.

Step 4: when scanning is complete you need to export “App Data” file called ”mydiskIpad/Iphone” to your local PC hard drive, the button to do that is located at the bottom of the scan results window. Once exported open the folder on your pc and start renaming the files extensions ( .mov, .jpg etc) look out for large file sizes for movies and photos.

at this point you have Your files back and u can put them back into your device through file sharing or other means.

Oct 27, 2017 12:18 PM in response to PamMax101

The MyDisk app is most likely a 32 bit app and those are not supported in iOS 11. The developer should have updated the app to 64 bit in order to be compatible with the latest versions of iOS. Also Apple removed all 32 bit apps from the App Store. Since the app was never updated by the developer and there is no contact info in the App Store you could try a google search using Safari to locate contact information. I suspect though that the app was abandoned by the developer and no future updates will be released.

There's a chance that you might be able to recover data from the app if that the app supports File Sharing. If it does and you backed up your iPad using iTunes you can download the files to your computer.

Connect your iPad to your computer and run iTunes on the computer. Select your iPad in iTunes and look down the left column to find File Sharing. Click on that and in the right side of iTunes you'll see a list of apps that support File Sharing. If MyDisk is listed there, click on it and see if there are any files saved in iTunes. If there are you can move them to the computer. Hopefully then you'll have some way of accessing the files.

My Disk app will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.