Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS not working properly after upgrade to iOS 11

GPS not working properly after upgrade to iOS 11. Google maps stops identifying my GPS position after the application is launched. Prior to iOS 11, it was working just fine. Can someone help? Feeling frustrated as I heavily rely on GPS for movement in traffic.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 1:36 AM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2017 3:50 PM in response to shiv1968

Hello shiv1968,

Thanks for asking the the Apple Support Communities for help with GPS. This can be caused by location services. Please check that GPS is enabled. If it is enabled, I recommend disabling it, restarting your device, and then re-enabling it.

This help article will assist you ensuring it is enabled: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

This article will assist you restarting: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you still have issues, please ensure all the settings are correct provided in these two help articles:

1. About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later

2. About Location Services and Privacy

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Nov 15, 2017 9:33 PM in response to shiv1968

Currently on ios 11.1.1 with an iphone 6. Since originally updating to IOS 11, my GPS no longer works. As with everyone else here, my GPS shows my current position when I open an application (somewhat accurate, maybe +- 100m)... but once I begin to move, my icon shakes but does not follow my position. Clearly my GPS antenna functions as it shows my general location upon initiating location services, but does not function when moving. Therefore, I assume this is a software issue and hopefully Apple fixes this ASAP.

Yes, I have tried all the various reset directions shown across the internet.

Dec 19, 2017 1:27 AM in response to shiv1968

I had the same problem with my iPhone 6 iOS 11.2, no gps for my google map and waze.tried everything and didn’t work until I tried this:

Reset Location and Network Settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset. Reset Location and Network Settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset. From there, tap Reset Location & Privacy button or Reset Network Settings button and then enter your password to reset them individually.

Dec 22, 2017 1:26 AM in response to shiv1968

Not sure if you have your solution yet but I see that many people have had the same problem. Lost of GPS also impacts other location services within the Calendar etc. Apple Tech Support were unfortunately worse than useless, had no real solution and made matters worse. The problem however seems to have been addressed with the latest IOS 11.2.1 update. At least it did for me.

Just wish someone would tell the Tech Support people. It would save everyone a lot of time.

Jan 7, 2018 10:22 AM in response to Teddy_B

I have tried to turn on/off location, restarted phone, reset network settings, reset location and privacy and I even restored the phone to factory setting and started from scratch which still didn't fix the issue. I have upgraded to the latest ios11.2.1 as well hoping there's a fix in that but was disappointed the problem still exist. Is there a solution out there? 😟

GPS not working properly after upgrade to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.