Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management

Hi, I bought an iPad Pro and I’m starting to set it up, but cannot get passed a screen ‘Remote Management’ where it’s asking for user name & password. This is not Apple ID, can anyone help please?

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 10:31 AM

If this is the case, it was probably sold to a corporation and even though it was brand new and sealed, it somehow got to the seller and it shouldn’t have. The one that I have for work did the exact same thing out of the box and that is because the serial number on the iPad was registered to the company that I work for. When I turned it on it automatically started getting all the information they wanted on the iPad. You need to try to get in touch with the seller and if they didn’t know about it, hope that they can do something to help you get a different one.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2017 10:31 AM in response to AliHob

If this is the case, it was probably sold to a corporation and even though it was brand new and sealed, it somehow got to the seller and it shouldn’t have. The one that I have for work did the exact same thing out of the box and that is because the serial number on the iPad was registered to the company that I work for. When I turned it on it automatically started getting all the information they wanted on the iPad. You need to try to get in touch with the seller and if they didn’t know about it, hope that they can do something to help you get a different one.

Remote Management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.