Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV does not connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi

Hello, I have a 4th generation Apple TV that is running tvOS 11.0 and I’m having trouble connecting to my 5ghz Wi-Fi it does appear in the wifi section but when I connect it says the following - “Couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi network Check your settings and try again”.

I am sure I put in the correct password because it does connect on my iPad.

I have managed to connect to that Wi-Fi once and today by accedent i dissconect the power and when I put the power port back in i couldn’t connect to the Wi-Fi.

thank you for your time and have a good day.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 8:41 AM

I fixed mine by moving my Apple TV away from my TV, connecting to 5GHz Wi-Fi and putting it back in the same spot. For whatever reason, it wouldn't connect where it was right under my TV. Even after I put it back, I disconnected and was able to reconnect without an issue. I know interference can play a part in signal quality/strength but this made no sense. Putting it back in the same spot should have reintroduced the problem for me but it didn't.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2018 8:41 AM in response to angelphish35

I fixed mine by moving my Apple TV away from my TV, connecting to 5GHz Wi-Fi and putting it back in the same spot. For whatever reason, it wouldn't connect where it was right under my TV. Even after I put it back, I disconnected and was able to reconnect without an issue. I know interference can play a part in signal quality/strength but this made no sense. Putting it back in the same spot should have reintroduced the problem for me but it didn't.

Apple TV does not connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.