Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Widget Does Not Display AirPods Battery When Apple Watch is Connected

I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.

I also own both the AirPods and an Apple Watch Series 3 running Watch OS4.

I have the battery widget enabled on my iPhone which normally displays my iPhone battery and my Apple Watch battery percentage. When I connect my AirPods and begin to use them, and then try to check the battery in the iPhone battery widget, it will not show. It displays a show more button which when pressed expands the widget space, but instead of displaying the AirPods battery level, it is a blank space. Is there any way I can fix this to be able to have the widget display my AirPods battery level, or is this a software issue?

User uploaded file

I have tried many different troubleshooting options, from disconnecting and re-pairing the AirPods to my phone, restarting my phone, restoring and clean installing iOS back on to my phone, and all have not worked. I have also tested with a different pair of AirPods and it shows the same blank space.

I found that when disconnecting my Apple Watch and then attempting to use my AirPods and check the battery level, it will show it. So this seems like the widget is having trouble displaying more than two items?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 5:36 PM

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. Because you've done all the recommended steps to get rid of potentials bugs but it's still present, I would suggest you contact Apple support directly. They would be in a better position to help you! Follow the link below to learn how.

Contact - Official Apple Support

22 replies

Nov 18, 2017 6:38 AM in response to Yazanalramlawi

Ok, I played with it a bit more and here is my experience.

If I have the order of widgets like this:

Weather > Batteries > Favorites - Works

Batteries > Weather > Favorites - Doesn't Work

Weather > Favorites > Batteries - Doesn't Work

Favorites > Batteries > Weather - Works

Favorites > Weather > Batteries - Doesn't Work

Haven't tested further but this bug is very weird and looks like it's a positional issue. Hope 11.2 fixes it cause I prefer it on top.

Btw, I have an iPhone 7 not a Plus.

Nov 18, 2017 9:29 AM in response to Justin's Apple Support

Hi All,

So I have been troubleshooting this issue with apple. I had mentioned that I had done a restore of my iOS, but when I did it the first time, I immediately restored my iCloud backup onto the phone. I was recommended to try another full restore of iOS, but to instead set up as a new phone (without using a backup), then pair my apple watch and AirPods back to this newly set up device. When I did this, I was able to use the batteries widget to display the battery percentage of all devices. Thus, the issue is most likely within my backup file. The only way I'd be able to fix this issue would be to set up my device as new, without a previous backup. This isnt too bad since I already use iCloud for everything, and also have iCloud Photo Library set up too. So the only thing I would lose is my messages on my phone, and I believe my watch backup. I havent done this yet but theoretically this should fix the battery issue.

Let me know if anyone tries this and it works for them.

Battery Widget Does Not Display AirPods Battery When Apple Watch is Connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.