Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update IOS 11 Stock on SIM Not Valid

Hi all. My IPHONE 6 Plus is A1522 Verizon

I am not leaving in US

when i update IOS 11 after that device asked me to update carrier (not now and update now)

i chose not now 2 times after that its not asked me to update carrier, and when i try insert other GSM sim card it say: (see pictures)

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

without sim card it is working normaly.

When i asked Verizon to sim unlock it say all Verizon devices i GSM sim unlocked, if some

trouble ask help apple

Posted on Oct 29, 2017 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 12:44 AM

Thanks for your reply, i have Verizon sim card, when i put it, my device is functional normaly and without sim card its functional normaly, but when i trying insert other sim device go white welcome screen and:User uploaded file (see pictures)

5 replies

Oct 30, 2017 5:39 AM in response to 1986rom

Hi 1986rom,

I understand that you are not living in the US, and are having troubles using your new SIM card. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on the error that you've mentioned, check out the article below for relevant troubleshooting:

If you get an alert about the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Oct 31, 2017 12:30 AM in response to 1986rom

If you have a Verizon phone it isn’t unlocked fully unfortunately.

When you get to the screen you are at, it needs the sim that the phone is intended to have.

Once a Verizon sim is inserted, you should be able to get past this screen and then put in your GSM sim.

My recommendation would be to buy a sim off of eBay or some other site to get past that screen then you should be good again.

After update IOS 11 Stock on SIM Not Valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.