Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chassis oxidation on my iPhone 6S #PeelGate

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I got in contact with Apple reporting this issue on my iPhone 6S (Protocol 100218162785). This oxidation pattern gets worse every day since I purchased the device. I got in contact with a senior iOS advisor and sent those pictures to him. He forwarded those to Apple's engineering team and they confirmed that it was an "aesthetic situation" (what does that mean????) and that "if my device was still under warranty a repair would be provided without costs". Frankly, why Apple is hiding information from me? I know that many people on the internet got their phones replaced and this "aesthetic situation" is a very obscure term to hide "manufacturing defects" that should be replaced outside warranty with no cost.

With this post I hope to find more iPhone 6S owners and find a course of action.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.3, null

Posted on Oct 29, 2017 8:38 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2017 1:34 PM in response to askbarnabas

I did work in an Apple Store until 2016, and when we did say that an issue was a cosmetic one its fix wouldn't be covered by warranty, mainly because it (1) did not affect the performance of the phone and (2) was probably caused by bad use. What I am questioning is why the senior engineering told him that my phone had an "aesthetic situation" that could be covered under warranty? If it was bad use, should not be covered.

I know hundreds of users who got their oxidized 6S iPhones replaced by that issue. But it seems that they recently changed their policy and are not willing to publicly make a recall that would cost them hundreds of millions of dollars.

Thanks!!!

Chassis oxidation on my iPhone 6S #PeelGate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.