Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the white triangle in the upper right corner of my screen?

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 29, 2017 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2017 11:33 AM

I guess it depends on what triangle we are referring to.

The white outline arrow, (could be viewed as a triangle) next to the clock icon, is the Geofencing icon as explained by Asher.

The gray triangle in the very top right corner of the screen, is very likely from the background image being used.

I see no other triangle, nor why it would have any relation to the clock app.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2017 11:33 AM in response to SoniaM79

I guess it depends on what triangle we are referring to.

The white outline arrow, (could be viewed as a triangle) next to the clock icon, is the Geofencing icon as explained by Asher.

The gray triangle in the very top right corner of the screen, is very likely from the background image being used.

Oct 29, 2017 2:23 PM in response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

Phil, let me point out that I asked the OP to open the clock app (which has a black background) because I intended to demonstrate that if the triangle wasn't visible, she should feel comfortable. The triangle wasn't related to a problem in her screen or pixels, but only in her background picture.

Unfortunately I had to go away, and I couldn't wait for her answer, nor better explain my "strange" experiment.

Regards

Giulio

What is the white triangle in the upper right corner of my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.