Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Krack Wifi Vulnerability Fix for iPhone 5

Hi,

I have been waiting for the iOS 11.1 release as I believe this is the release that should include the fix for the Krack Wifi vulnerability.

However I have just discovered that iOS11 does not support the iPhone 5 or the iPad 4th Generation.

Can anyone tell me if Apple will be releasing fixes for the iPhone 5, iPad 4th Generation and other products that are not supported by iOS11?

Thanks.

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 29, 2017 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 11:50 PM

Wondering the same thing I contacted Apple support, their official word on the subject of a KRACK patch for older models:

"Potential issues on earlier models of iOS are currently under investigation by Apple and will be corrected if an issue is found. So if a fix is necessary, an update will be pushed to the devices."

If I hear anything else I will post it here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2017 11:50 PM in response to WiddleWabbit

Wondering the same thing I contacted Apple support, their official word on the subject of a KRACK patch for older models:

"Potential issues on earlier models of iOS are currently under investigation by Apple and will be corrected if an issue is found. So if a fix is necessary, an update will be pushed to the devices."

If I hear anything else I will post it here.

Krack Wifi Vulnerability Fix for iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.