Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'We've run into a problem' trying to agree to apples terms of service

Just changed the Apple ID associated with the App Store as both me and my girlfriend share the iPad but when trying to download an app, I get the above message when trying to agree to apples terms of service... Everything works fine up until this point and I agree to everything but just get a message saying "we've run into a problem" with no further information so now I'm totally stuck.

any suggestions welcome.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 4:58 AM

6 replies

Nov 3, 2017 9:30 AM in response to Jackettspud

Had the same problem. Bugging the **** out of me. Finally found a work around. All you need to do is to log in to iTunes on your PC. Go to Store and buy something - music, video, anything. (You won't actually need to complete the purchase.) You'll be presented with the same terms and just click Agree. Now go back to your iPad and you should be sweet.

Nov 2, 2017 11:44 AM in response to Jackettspud

We just tried doing the same thing. Its an older ipad (ipad2 i believe) so cannot upgrade to most recent IOS. Changed our apple ID as we got married and the old e-mail address was no longer relevant. And we get the same pop-up - tried restarting ipad, tried clearing cookies, etc. nothing seems to work. Would be nice to have something more than "we've run into a problem"... how about a link to fix it!! or be able to accept new terms and conditions online compared to on device. Would love to know how to get past it!

'We've run into a problem' trying to agree to apples terms of service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.