Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp video call volume adjusting

Hi

i am having issues with lowering the volume during a video call. i am running ios 11.0.3 with iphone 7 plus. my whatsaspp version is the latest one. i have tried hard reset etc. I have the same issue when i make a whatsapp voice call and use speakers. I can not adjust the volume during the call. Anybody else having similar issues? This is a brand new device and no damages. The volume issue does not happen on other apps like facetime.

cheers

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.3, null

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 1:36 PM

Hi

Quick work around is during the video call:

1-press home to go back to home screen

2-click on settings

3-click in sounds

from there you can adjust the volume of the call...

9 replies

Nov 17, 2017 3:56 AM in response to murat aydinoglu

I have the same problem on my iPhone 8. Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp video calls are apparently at max volume and I can’t change them. On WhatsApp I tried changing the volume while I was ringing someone and that worked, but as soon as the video call was answered I have no control. Someone suggested enabling the change with buttons option but that only changes the volume of the ringer and alerts. This is a media volume problem. Plus on my other iOS devices I have always had this switched off anyway and it’s never been an issue.

Nov 14, 2017 11:39 PM in response to murat aydinoglu

Hi

i am having issues with lowering the volume during a video call. i am running ios 11.0.3 with iphone 7 plus. my whatsaspp version is the latest one. i have tried hard reset etc. I have the same issue when i make a whatsapp voice call and use speakers. I can not adjust the volume during the call. Anybody else having similar issues? This is a brand new device and no damages. The volume issue does not happen on other apps like facetime.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM SO I JUST COPIED IT.

whatsapp video call volume adjusting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.