Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I put my sim card in another iPhone?

My iphone6 is having issues. Can I switch my SIM card (at&t) to another iphone6 and not lose access to anything until I buy a new phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 7:38 PM

You can move your sim and use the phone as you use your phone. But the sim does not contain the data stored on your phone, so none of your contacts, apps, accounts etc., will transfer because you put the sim in. Make sure you backup your current phone. And restore the new phone from the backup from your old phone.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2017 7:38 PM in response to Staff23

You can move your sim and use the phone as you use your phone. But the sim does not contain the data stored on your phone, so none of your contacts, apps, accounts etc., will transfer because you put the sim in. Make sure you backup your current phone. And restore the new phone from the backup from your old phone.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Can I put my sim card in another iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.