Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

has many expired certificates in my keychain

In my login keychain, I have many expired com.apple.idms.appleid.prd certificates... followed by one that says it is valid, but has no root certificate. Apple Integration cert. says it has no root cert. either. Is this right?

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2017 9:39 PM

A certificate is an attachment to an electronic document that allows the safe transfer of information over the Internet. Certificates are used by web browsers, mail, and texting apps.

When you communicate with a secure site, the information exchanged with the site is encrypted. This protects your login information, credit card numbers, addresses, and other secure data.

In OS X, certificates are part of your digital identity and are stored in your keychain. Keychain Access lets you manage your certificates and keychains.

Select my certificates , Expired certificates can be viewed - view - show expired certificates .

User uploaded file

See this article -

Keychain for Mac: Create self-signed certificates using Keychain Access

Root certificates are in system roots shown in screen shot under system roots - category - certificates .

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2017 9:39 PM in response to Homer Emodeler

A certificate is an attachment to an electronic document that allows the safe transfer of information over the Internet. Certificates are used by web browsers, mail, and texting apps.

When you communicate with a secure site, the information exchanged with the site is encrypted. This protects your login information, credit card numbers, addresses, and other secure data.

In OS X, certificates are part of your digital identity and are stored in your keychain. Keychain Access lets you manage your certificates and keychains.

Select my certificates , Expired certificates can be viewed - view - show expired certificates .

User uploaded file

See this article -

Keychain for Mac: Create self-signed certificates using Keychain Access

Root certificates are in system roots shown in screen shot under system roots - category - certificates .

User uploaded file

has many expired certificates in my keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.