Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods red led

Hello, I have noticed that sometimes the LED of my AirPods becomes red even if the charge of the AirPods and of the box is not very low.

Does anyone know what this may mean? it happens especially with the right AirPod. While the left one is in the box and the light one is outside, the LED is green, while it turns red as soon as I put the right AirPod back in...

thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2017 5:20 AM

Red or Amber?

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life - Apple Support

If your AirPods are in your case, then the light shows the charge status of your AirPods. If not, the light shows the status of your case. Green means charged, and amber means less than one full charge remains. If the light flashes white, your AirPods are ready to set up with one of your devices. If the light flashes amber, you might need to set up your AirPods again.

If the color is red, it might be best to contact Apple directly, otherwise, try setting up the AirPods again

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2017 5:20 AM in response to Plrnght

Red or Amber?

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life - Apple Support

If your AirPods are in your case, then the light shows the charge status of your AirPods. If not, the light shows the status of your case. Green means charged, and amber means less than one full charge remains. If the light flashes white, your AirPods are ready to set up with one of your devices. If the light flashes amber, you might need to set up your AirPods again.

If the color is red, it might be best to contact Apple directly, otherwise, try setting up the AirPods again

AirPods red led

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.