Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The imessage text box disappears on my iPhone 7 Plus

User uploaded file
When I am having a text message conversation, I will go to reply to a text I received and my imessage text box has disappeared leaving me no way to type a message. (In the case of the photo above, everything under the message "I forgot; we can go. I just spaced it." is missing)

The text box is also gone from every previous conversation I have had and if I click the button to start a new conversation, the text box is also gone. I can get the text box back by restarting my phone; however, I don't think I should have to be restarting my phone all of the time, especially since it's only 5 months old.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2017 10:45 AM

I have a similar issue. The conversation is visible, but nothing else. Going to other conversations or switching out of iMessage and going back in do nothing. Closing iMessage (double tapping home and swiping it up on iMessage), then re-opening iMessage, appears to fix the issue (until it happens again).

1 reply

The imessage text box disappears on my iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.