Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay-enabled Yamaha receiver no longer showing up on AirPlay list

My Yamaha RX-A2030 receiver was working fine with all of my iOS devices using AirPlay until recently. It now no longer appears on the list of AirPlay devices on any of my iPhones or iPads. My 3 AppleTV's and my Airport Express 2 all show up and are working fine with AirPlay for both video and audio. But trying to stream music to the Yamaha via Apple Music or a video via the Apple TV app no longer works. It simply won't appear on the list of AirPlay devices.

At first I thought this was an issue specific to iOS 11, but I was able to find another iPad that is still on iOS 10.3.3 and it, too, no longer sees the Yamaha. My iPhone 7 is running iOS 11.0.3. I updated the Yamaha firmware today (10/31/2017), turned off and on the Yamaha a couple of times and turned off and on the iPhone a couple times.

All devices, including the Yamaha are on the same network (the Yamaha via an ethernet cable to the same router that all other devices are connected to and getting IP addresses from). The Yamaha app that you use to remote control the receiver can connect to the receiver just fine. I can change volume, switch inputs and power on/off the receiver using it. So I don't think it's a network issue since their app can see the receiver but AirPlay can't. I've tried bringing up the AirPlay list by using Control Center and tapping the icon on the Music button on the top right. That list doesn't show the Yamaha. I've tried it from within the Apple Music app by tapping the appropriate icon to show the list there. Still no dice.

From within the Yamaha app, I can connect to my iPhone (treating it like a server) and see all of my music there that are in my library. Songs that I've downloaded to the phone I can play (which I guess makes sense since the app is treating the phone like a server). All other songs are grayed out (since they can only be streamed by the Apple Music app I assume).

I've seen in other threads that Apple Support recommends resetting the phone and starting as a new phone, but frankly, I have so much stuff on my phone and so many accounts I would need to re-login to (with various two-factor authentications to go through), that that's just too extreme for me to resort to. If that truly does fix the problem (and there are reports on those threads that it can), it sounds like there may be some sort of iOS update problem that Apple could address. Though to be fair, it might also be a Yamaha problem. I'm at a loss.

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 7:04 AM

RESOLVED : I had the same issue as my Yamaha RX-V573 no longer appeared in the list of available devices to play Spotify on my Iphone 8 ( IOS V 11.1.2)

I performed a network update on my receiver and it now shows as an available option on my Spotify menu. My receiver is hardwired via ethernet to my network and is now running Yamaha Firmware Version 1.14.

RECEIVER : SETUP / Network / Network Update / Perform Update .... then wait for the power down the receiver prompt on the display. Power it back up and it should also now display properly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 7:04 AM in response to henrus

RESOLVED : I had the same issue as my Yamaha RX-V573 no longer appeared in the list of available devices to play Spotify on my Iphone 8 ( IOS V 11.1.2)

I performed a network update on my receiver and it now shows as an available option on my Spotify menu. My receiver is hardwired via ethernet to my network and is now running Yamaha Firmware Version 1.14.

RECEIVER : SETUP / Network / Network Update / Perform Update .... then wait for the power down the receiver prompt on the display. Power it back up and it should also now display properly.

AirPlay-enabled Yamaha receiver no longer showing up on AirPlay list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.