Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad was stolen and i change the password online from my pc...would i still be able to track it ?

my ipad was stolen and i change the password online from my pc...would i still be able to track it ?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2017 6:03 PM

Hello Kershel.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, your iPad Pro was stolen so you went online and changed your Apple ID password to protect your data. You'd like to know if your device can be tracked. Having a device stolen is not good at all. Was Find My iPhone turned on? If Find My iPhone is turned on, you will be able to track the iPad.

Check out the information below as it describes what you can do if Find My iPhone isn't enabled from our article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

If Find My iPhone isn't enabled on your missing device

If you didn't turn on Find My iPhone before your device was lost or stolen, you can't use it to locate your device. However, you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This could include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My iPhone is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My iPhone isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you.

Cheers.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2017 6:03 PM in response to Kershel

Hello Kershel.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, your iPad Pro was stolen so you went online and changed your Apple ID password to protect your data. You'd like to know if your device can be tracked. Having a device stolen is not good at all. Was Find My iPhone turned on? If Find My iPhone is turned on, you will be able to track the iPad.

Check out the information below as it describes what you can do if Find My iPhone isn't enabled from our article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

If Find My iPhone isn't enabled on your missing device

If you didn't turn on Find My iPhone before your device was lost or stolen, you can't use it to locate your device. However, you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This could include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My iPhone is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My iPhone isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you.

Cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.