Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K destroys HDMI-CEC

Hi

I have a Sony TV(2017 Bravia), Denon AVR(2017 x series), PS4 and Apple TV 4K.

My AVR have a function called "TV Audio Switching" which switches to TV Audio if I switch the Sony TV to my digital channels, avr sits in HDMI 3(arc). Before I bought the Apple TV everything worked perfectly with my tv, avr and ps4.

The second I connected my new Apple TV, the function "TV Audio Switching" stopped working, it is ON in settings, but not working at all. If I disconnect the Apple TV and resets TV and AVR, its all working again.

It looks like the new Apple TV stops this nice little feature. I use it a lot when switching from PS4 to TV when I finished gaming. Then the receiver automatically switches to the correct TV Audio input and spits sound from the tv(arc) to the speakers. It isn't even working from PS4 to TV anymore, when Apple TV sits turned OFF in the AVR.

The problem I have is now I absolutely need to have two remotes going when switching back to TV, if it worked as intended I could do all from my tv remote..

Anyone have the same problem with their Denon receiver or any other receiver where Apple TV disables a working HDMI-CEC home theater?

Thank you.

Mark.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11

Posted on Nov 1, 2017 9:07 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2017 9:31 PM in response to makaus

Hey Makaus. I was experiencing a similar situation. I reset tv to initial (factory settings) settings. Rehooked up av system like it was brand new with Apple TV 4K plugged into HDMI 1. Try to make Apple TV 4K be on HDMI 1 before resetting tv to initial settings & rehooking av system.

I am no longer experiencing this issue after doing that.

Apple TV 4K destroys HDMI-CEC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.