Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time i use pencil, the ipad pro 9.7 battery drains fast- BIG issue!

Every time i use pencil, the ipad pro 9.7 battery drains very fast 1-2% per minute! And i have tried this on 2 identical ipads pro 9,7 inch!

Is there a major bluetooth issue that you are hiding from us or both ipads where corrupted? Seems like a very big issue! If yes is ther a realistic fix for this?

How can i use the pencil and all drawing painting note taking apps - if battery drains in less than a hour? (not as described and praised)

Why nobody replies on this issue beyond the classical cheap answers : restore ipad, restart ipad, close the bluetooth when pencil is not used, etc. ?

All classical answers failed, i also changed my ipad and still the issue is on : Ipad pro wifi 9,7 battery drains very fast when using bluetooth with pencil.

Every time this specific issue appears there is no answer everywhere - complete silence or some cheap answers like restart or reinstall - and all users remain into the dark, disaspointed with money spent on products don't work as intended!

so.. Apple please answer this :

In the context written above:

1.Is there a major bluetooth issue that you are hiding from us from ipad pro 9.7?

2.Is there a fix planned ?

3.Is it because of the buetooth ?

4.Is it a software or hardware problem ? - if yes be specific - do you change our ipads or pencils or what?

5.is there maybe a total failure and maybe you should return all customers (with this specific issue) the money ?

Don't make this post gone and please answer asap /

We all are hoping and waiting for this be fixed.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1, bluetooth pencil

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 6:33 AM

You are NOT reaching ANY cognizant Apple teams or employees in these support communities.

No one from Apple headquarters directly reads or participates in these product support communities.

These support communities are provided by Apple, moderated by ASC Only Apple staffers only, and are mostly a user to user support community.

We are all just Apple users here, just like you.

If you would like Apple to know all of your concerns about your 9.7 inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, the only way is to leave Apple feedback here.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the appropriate Apple personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Good Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2017 6:33 AM in response to gryphon_pad

You are NOT reaching ANY cognizant Apple teams or employees in these support communities.

No one from Apple headquarters directly reads or participates in these product support communities.

These support communities are provided by Apple, moderated by ASC Only Apple staffers only, and are mostly a user to user support community.

We are all just Apple users here, just like you.

If you would like Apple to know all of your concerns about your 9.7 inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, the only way is to leave Apple feedback here.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the appropriate Apple personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 2, 2017 4:54 AM in response to gryphon_pad

Just out of curiosity, do you use any other Bluetooth devices simultaneously while using the Apple Pencil?

Have you tried a simple Reset All Settings in the Settings app under General settings panel and in the right hand column under the Reset panel at the very bottom of the right column?

What about in the Settings app, turning OFF Background App Refresh.

FYI,

Not every 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro & Apple Pencil users are having the issues you describe.

This may NOT be a widespread Issue, but a bug/glitch only affecting a small minority of users.

Nov 2, 2017 6:45 AM in response to MichelPM

Just out of curiosity, do you use any other Bluetooth devices simultaneously while using the Apple Pencil?

Just the pencil.

Have you tried a simple Reset All Settings in the Settings app under General settings panel and in the right hand column under the Reset panel at the very bottom of the right column?

yes- tried- too simple = not working!

What about in the Settings app, turning OFF Background App Refresh.

yes- tried- too simple = not working!

Not every 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro & Apple Pencil users are having the issues you describe.

This may NOT be a widespread Issue, but a bug/glitch only affecting a small minority of users.

It seems to me that ALL ipad with pencil have the same issues ! i haven't see one working ipad with pencil working as apple describes that should work. All are failing on bluetooth with pencil -same issue -battery drain.

I would like if anyone have a good example - to write me back to try to mimic same settings!

Every time i use pencil, the ipad pro 9.7 battery drains fast- BIG issue!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.