Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error msg: Cannot locate the CD Configuration folder

iTunes 12.7 starts with an error message "iTunes cannot locate the CD Configuration folder, so you cannot import or burn CDs or DVDs. This folder must be in the same directory as iTunes."

I've reinstalled the newest version of iTunes but that didn't help. I don't care about burning disks. I want to get rid of the error message. Any ideas?

User uploaded file

Intel Dual Core

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 4:25 PM

If you see an "iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder" error it may be that you have installed iTunes on a different drive and some files have been incorrectly installed on the C: drive. In particular look for the folder C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration and copy it to the matching path on the drive where you have installed iTunes.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2017 4:25 PM in response to Erik_S

If you see an "iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder" error it may be that you have installed iTunes on a different drive and some files have been incorrectly installed on the C: drive. In particular look for the folder C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration and copy it to the matching path on the drive where you have installed iTunes.

tt2

Error msg: Cannot locate the CD Configuration folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.