Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my apple watch phone number different than my cell phone number

Help

WATCH SERIES 3 NIKE (GPS + CELL) 38MM

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 2:03 AM

My Apple Watch has a seperate number I was told was for billing only ?but when I make a call using the watch without the phone nearby everyone I have rang have told me it’s not my number it is the billing number ? I’m with ee

14 replies

Jan 20, 2018 8:08 AM in response to Lukestrat1984

I am in the same boat now it’s been nearly 2 weeks since getting it and I still can’t use it. I have gone past level 2 and now being dealt with by the back office. The are meant to be ri I gong me today to update me which doesn’t sound like it will be sorted yet. I have had to reset and restart my watch twice now they have even deleted my old plan and started a new one

Nov 2, 2017 12:11 PM in response to gutkinjs

Where are you seeing that the phone number for your iPhone is different than your cell phone number? If you are referring to seeing it on your cellular bill, it is probably because it has a different account number. It isn't that the phone number is different, they cannot show the charge of two devices to the same phone/account number. The same this happens when you have a cellular iPad. While the phone bill shows a number, you cannot use that number to call the iPad, make phone calls with it, or send a text with that number. It exists only in the cellular account, and is for account purposes.

If you are referring to something else, please explain more.

Jan 11, 2018 11:11 PM in response to Shaunnyboi

No I wasn’t sure if it was worth the hassle since it took about 3 weeks to get the watch working in the first place I didn’t want to go through all that again I don’t have 3 weeks of my life to spend on hold to ee for them to TRY and figure it out ! But I’ve just looked at my bill and I’ve been charged for calls I’ve made from the Watch using the second number ?! So I will be contacting them now !! Not happy this Watch has never been setup properly I think they just bodged it to get me from phoning them everyday

Jan 20, 2018 4:32 AM in response to Lukestrat1984

Tried ringing them and after a long time on hold was told to reset my watch ? Then in the middle of doing that was told to hold while I was passed to level 2 technical support who then said I shouldn’t have reset the watch !! And said they have never come across this problem before ? Have no idea how to fix it although assured me it was a problem their end nothing to do with my hardware ? And said they would call me back an hour later ? It’s been a week now.... still no call absolute disgrace !! Wish I had bought the watch from EE now as would return it 4 months and it’s still not setup properly !

why is my apple watch phone number different than my cell phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.