Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need an antivirus for my iPad? I do online banking

I do online banking on my iPad, lately my iPad seems to not work so great. Do I have a virus or malware?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 7:50 PM

No. You can protect yourself by installing a VPN on your computer to hide you from others. Or you can use a browser like the TorBrowser to protect your privacy when conducting online banking. Do not access your accounts from public Wi-Fi which is unprotected unless you have a VPN running. At home, you will have your hardware router as added protection. Among all the VPN services out there that I tested, I can recommend TorGuard. They are reasonably priced and support Macs. They offer a pretty wide range of services for the price. Furthermore, they have hundreds of servers from which to choose that you can change at will.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2017 7:50 PM in response to NanaSW13

No. You can protect yourself by installing a VPN on your computer to hide you from others. Or you can use a browser like the TorBrowser to protect your privacy when conducting online banking. Do not access your accounts from public Wi-Fi which is unprotected unless you have a VPN running. At home, you will have your hardware router as added protection. Among all the VPN services out there that I tested, I can recommend TorGuard. They are reasonably priced and support Macs. They offer a pretty wide range of services for the price. Furthermore, they have hundreds of servers from which to choose that you can change at will.

Nov 2, 2017 7:51 PM in response to NanaSW13

For online financial services, check the App Store for an app. Most banks have apps now and those are more secure than any web browser connection. For example, Bank of America‘s banking app uses end to end encryption over an effectively vpn connection for all banking sessions. So does Fidelity’s App, Capital One’s and others.

Also if your Bank or finance company offers it, setup and use two factor authentication or login (usually, this involves an SMS message with a short-time limited numeric code, and you need a new code for every login session).

Do I need an antivirus for my iPad? I do online banking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.